Friday, February 7, 2014

CARNIVAL TIME / FASCHING

CARNIVAL TIMEEEEEEEEE

as soon as I'm ready with my finals this semester 

★♥☺♥★

 

Living in Germany is really fun, for example I got to know this nice holiday/feast day/carnival
called FASCHING (also Vaschang). It is similar to Mardi Gras, the carnival in Rio de Janeiro and the one in Venice.
I'm not Catholic, that is why this was new to me.
And when Fasching begins (sometime in January, with its peak in February)
you can find funny costumes, masks and wigs in almost every shop.
So I was happy to put on some hats & co. because I do love hats and hair accessoires.
Here are some pictures:



I almost bought 2 hats, but then I decided to look online, and guess what,
they're cheaper online!

Apache headdress
Apache bandeau
Musketeer hat or this one
Top hat (love them!)
 Pink princess hat
Pilot cap
Pirate hat
 Minnie Mouse Ears
Dwarf's hat

I'm thinking of going as a Native American woman this year,
something like Pocahontas!

What are your favourite looks?
Do you have somethign similar to Fasching?
Any better ideas for this year's carnival?

No comments:

Post a Comment